Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

Sooo, last weekend I was itching to spend some money that we didn't have, so I headed to my Goodwill. I LOOOVE Goodwill! I spent a whopping $5.48, and this is the treasure I brought home!

First, I got this cute shelf/ coat hook/ picture frame thing. The colors looked more like it was made for a nursery, but I wanted to use it in our master bathroom which has more of a beachy feel. I forgot to take a before picture. So here is a "during" picture, I had put one coat of paint on. You can see a little bit of the old colors. The knobs were a pastel yellow and one frame was baby blue and one a pastel green.

And the glorious after....
Don't mind the hideous paint on the walls, it was this way when I moved in and I haven't gotten around to changing it ;0)

Next up, I picked up this ugly thing...

Don't leave yet lol. I wasn't sure what I would use it for, but I always need shelves. I planned on finding a paint that would work on plastic and paint it white, but a light bulb went off before I could... The shelf under my sink broke recently, and so it's a complete mess under there! It fit perfectly!
No need to paint if it's hidden, right!? Well, I might paint it later, but for now it's serving it's purpose. Now my rags, foil and bags and puppy stuff is neatly under my sink.

Have you found any great thrift store finds lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment