Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's Been A While...

Hello everybody! How have you been?! It's been a loooong time since I've posted due to computer trouble, but I'm back and sooo excited to catch up on everything!

I have exciting news... We're buying a house! It's a short sale, so it's been a long process. I think we're finally in the final few weeks though. We should be moving in at the end of the month, and I am beyond excited! So I wanted to share some pictures. I can't wait to get started on all of the projects I have brewing in my head and share them with you.

So, welcome to our future home...

I would show you the beautiful foyer and dreamy closet space in it, but I don't have pictures haha. I will show you when we finally get moved in. Moving through the foyer, you will either go to the left into the kitchen, or go straight into the living room. We'll go left into the kitchen...


I'm loving the cabinet space! I don't think I have enough stuff to fill the cabinets! The only downfall in the entire house is that there isn't a big dining area. It's an eat in kitchen... But, for the price we're paying, it's perfectly fine with me to downsize to a smaller table!

Now onto the living room, which is in dire need of updating!


Not sure what I'm going to do here... I'm at a loss. I know it has potential, I just can't figure out where I want to go with it...

Now we'll head down the hall...

Here is the kid's/guest bathroom. It's a little dull, but I can fix that :0)

Now for May's Bedroom...

He said this is his room because it already has a transformer border haha. He actually likes the red carpet also... I was hoping to get rid of it, oh well.

On to Owen's....

Of course Owen picked his room because of the race car border... at least he has a neutral colored carpet haha.

Now, to the master bedroom...

Not too shabby. I'm still not sure about the color. I kinda want to keep it, but it's a little bold for my taste.

The master bathroom is pretty bad.... We will definitely be doing a complete renovation of it as soon as we have the money. The set up is strange, and it's way too small.

The stall shower is in the "cubby" across from the toilet. It's so close, the shower door will probably bump the toilet while you're getting out, haha. Across from the sink is a huge closet, though. So we can probably make that into more bathroom space and just rearrange a bit.

Now, back up because I forgot to show you the laundry room and garage ;0)

Off of the living room, is the laundry room...

Across from the washer is a set of stairs leading up to the FROG. I don't have pictures of it yet, but it will be a guest room/ Hubby's hideaway. It has an entrance to the attic for storage, and a HUGE closet that will be perfect for storing holiday decorations!

Then there's the garage... Oh lovely garage... Just waiting to be filled with all Hubby's junk that is strewn around our current house... I love you garage...

There is a door leading to the back yard also, which we plan to use as the everyday entrance to keep dirt from piling up in the foyer. So I will be making a little "mudroom" at the bottom of the stairs for all of our stuff.

Now onto the back yard... It's not the prettiest, but again, lots of potential!

I can just see the deck finished, lattice replaced with wood, the Jacuzzi and pool all set up and the smell of Hubby's famous ribs on the grill. Yes please!

So there it is! Home sweet home... I am also excited because this is actually the neighborhood I grew up in, and I have many fond memories of living there. It is going to be a big change from the country setting we live in now, but I'm excited for our kids to be in a suburban setting with lots of friends to play with. Hubby and I love living in the country, and plan to move back to the sticks when are kids are grown. While they're young, though, it's nice to be in a neighborhood.

I look forward to sharing all of our projects with! Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment