Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Love Laundry Day...

No, I'm not insane. I was just reminded this morning of why I love having one whole day devoted to laundry. I got into this habit a few months ago. Every Sunday I go through and was EVERYTHING. As soon as it comes out of the dryer, it gets folded or hung up. I start with the kid's clothes. When I pull the last load of theirs out of the dryer, I put them away. Then it's on to me and my hubby's clothes. Sheets, blankets and towels all follow. Before "laundry day" can be called done everything has to be put away, and the laundry room straightened up. I love this because I don't have to even think about laundry for the rest of the week. Every one has clean socks, undies, clothes and sheets. The laundry room isn't piled high with clothes that need to be folded. There isn't a load in the washer that I forgot about that is starting to smell. No clothes left in the dryer getting wrinkled. No last minute freak outs when it's time to go somewhere and no one has clean clothes. Nope, everything is washed, dried, folded and put away.

Last week I tried something new. I thought I could split laundry day into two days. I did the kid's clothes on Thursday and me and my hubby's on Friday. It didn't work out. Nope. Not at all. So here we are on Tuesday and somehow all of the crib sheets are dirty. Both kids are out of shorts and running low on shirts. My clothes are still in the dryer. Hubby's clothes are laying on the bed waiting to be hung. Sheesh.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Back to my Sunday laundry marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment