Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

REAL Home Tour

So I had to take a break from blogworld for a few days. See, I looove to follow organizing and decorating blogs, looking at their beautiful homes and DIY projects. Problem is, I start obsessing over making my home perfect, like theirs is depicted in their photos. I have to remind myself that no one with kids has a house that looks that good all the time. If they do they have no life. Their life would consist of following little people around wiping everything they touch. Not to mention children that would be afraid to have any kind of fun for fear of making a mess! I have to tell myself that they probably spend 20 minutes dusting, wiping, arranging and banning children from that spot before they even try to take those pictures.

This is what I tell myself, anyway...

My home is small. Very, very small. Less than 1000 square feet kinda small. I have two boys, a newborn nephew most days, a husband that digs in dirt all day at work, and a tiny dog with a tiny bladder. Cramming all of that into such a small area is bound to be a disaster. Granted, we are in the process of a major redo of our home that will make our home more like 1500 square feet, for now we have to make do with 1000.

I've gotten a system down that keeps my home sanitary and half way presentable, but some days I just don't feel like it. Then there are days when I keep up with my system, but my kids are just in mess making mode! Those days I spend scrambling, and yelling, and sometimes almost crying! Such is life with kids, I guess. I adapted the flylady system to fit my needs. I'll post about it later and let ya know. I really like it. It leaves me plenty of down time to spend doing important things, like spending time with my family!

When I started this blog I wanted to share REAL life. Not the edited version, the REAL thing. So I am going to show you what my house looks like at any given moment. It's nothing glamorous, but I hope it makes someone feel better knowing that they're not alone ;0)

This is my humble kitchen. Holy checkered floor! haha. My husband lived here before we met, and this was to be his "bachelor pad." He thought checkered flooring with all of the wood would be cool. NOT! We've never changed it because we were always about to buy a new place, or about to start the renovation. Seven years later and we're still dealing with the awful checkered floors...

Here is our dining area...

A little jumbled, eh? Yes, that is a laundry basket full of cardboard boxes. We like to burn them so they don't take up so much garbage bag space. If you head down that little hallway, you come to our little bitty laundry cubby...

Sorry, it was laundry day, my little monster spilled his milk all over his pillow so it's in line for the washer. A whole set of encyclopedias to be taken to goodwill piled up and in the way.

Then you get to the master bedroom. It's pretty plain.

Our closet is in need of some serious organization!

Then there is our bathroom, it's sort of a weird layout...











Ok, back down the hall and through the kitchen to our living room. This is where all the action happens! Kids, dogs, jumping, dancing...

I watch my 3 month old nephew most days, so here is his corner of paradise. You can also see our office area and the back of our beat up couch.

My oldest son watching some 'tunes. Not sure where my two year old is in this picture. I'm sure he's in his room looking for another toy to bring out. If you head down the little hallway area, there's our second bathroom...

Then the boys' room... By the way, this is a very good day. Usually you cannot see the floor! I meant to close the curtains so you didn't have to see the blue tarp hanging lol. Ah, life in a home under construction... 

My husband made the loft bed so they would have more play area. Eventually, when my two year old gets out of the crib, it will be a bunk bed. For now, His crib is....


That's the end of my REAL home tour. Nothing fancy. Just a whole lotta realness. If you look at the Trashy To Classy page on the right hand side you can see our progress on the outside of the house. Just beware, the before pictures are pretty scary haha. We haven't done anything in a while, I think the hubster is a little burnt out.

No comments:

Post a Comment