Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So I Have This Closet...

In our bathroom we have a closet. For years we've used it to house towels, extra hygiene products, etc. About a month ago, the boys somehow broke their closet door. Instead of going out and trying to find a door that will fit our narrow closet openings, we left it alone. When I reorganized the boys' closet I realized quickly leaving it open wasn't going to work. My two year old would dump everything out of it daily! So I figured I would take the door off of our bathroom closet and put it on theirs as a quick fix. 

A couple of days ago I was looking at it and realized this was prime real estate, and was not being used to it's full potential. I humdingered for a while on what I could do with it and I got an idea! I could still use it to home our hygiene stockpile, but make it double as extra square footage/wall space! Kind of adding a few extra feet to our dressing area...

So here is what it looked like yesterday....



I had a shelf in there that held the baskets, but I had already taken it out before I took the pictures haha. Here's a picture of it anyway...

So I went to Target looking for some sterilite drawers. Of course I had to stop by the dollar section! I found a couple awesome things that got my juices going on another project!!! Any who, so I got what I needed, came home and got started! I had to bring my ham of a nephew in with me to keep me company...

Before long we had this!

I plan to get some smaller drawers to put on top of the bigger ones to hold my jewelry. I have never had a full length mirror in this house because I didn't have anywhere to hang one. Now I do!
In the drawers are my stockpile items. I plan to make labels for them, but with the clear plastic, I may not need to.

On the top shelf, my paper goods are stored in baskets. I was going to get some more dollar tree baskets, but I forgot. Once I got home and started clearing everything out, I found these! I figure I can spray paint them so there's not so much white going on. (white baskets, white toilet paper) 

So there ya have it! A quick, cheap and efficient makeover! What'cha think?


No comments:

Post a Comment